- BE THE FIRST TO KNOW
- Review: The Spinner’s Book of Yarn Designs
- The Spinner's Book of Yarn Designs: Techniques for Creating 80 Yarns
Every good knitting project begins with great yarn. In the quest for one-of-a-kind fibres, many knitters and weavers have discovered the deep satisfaction of spinning one's own. An art in itself, spinning requires an array of basic technical skills and decisions to produce a particular style of yarn. While knitters have long had stitch dictionaries to guide their hands, no similar resource has existed for spinners.
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW
Until now. Lush, full-colour photographs illustrate the process of turning fleece into yarn, reveal the architecture of each yarn, and demonstrate exactly how to manipulate and combine the fibres to achieve the desired result. Images of knitted and woven pieces reveal how the spun yarn looks in a variety of projects. Seller Inventory AA Book Description Workman Publishing. Brand New.ecolearning.org.uk/57.php
Review: The Spinner’s Book of Yarn Designs
Seller Inventory Book Description Storey Publishing, Seller Inventory mon Never used!. Seller Inventory ZZN. Sarah Anderson. This specific ISBN edition is currently not available. Spinning Basics 2.
Singles for Plying 3. Stand-Alone Singles 4.
- Song - Guitar.
- The Spinners Book of Yarn Designs Techniques for Creating 80 Yarns by Sarah Anderson Information?
- Specialty Candies (Mouth Watering Candy Book 3).
- The Spinner's Book of Yarn Designs: Techniques for Creating 80 Yarns.
- Top Authors!
Spiral Yarns 5. Opposing Plies 6.
Boucles 7. Cable Yarns 8.
The Spinner's Book of Yarn Designs: Techniques for Creating 80 Yarns
Crepe Yarns 9. Core Yarns Novelty Yarns.
- ISBN 13: 9781603427388.
- The Spinner's Book of Yarn Designs: Techniques for Creating 80 Yarns by Sarah Anderson;
- Nurses & Enemas.
- Beacon of Love!
- La Rue (French Edition).
My favorite things about yarn and the making of yarn are the endless variations and possibilities. These skeins have become my personal yarn library. If, like me, your default singles are fairly fine, it will seem an achievement when you spin a consistent skein of soft, fat singles. Anderson teaches the tricks of washing raw wool. She lays out in clear language, illustrated with dozens of instructive photos, the basics of carding, combing and flicking wool to prepare it for spinning. She explains the difference between S-twist and Z-twist yarns.
And then she takes you into plying, from simple balanced 2-plys to complex 8-ply cabled yarns, with stops at spiral yarns, beaded yarns, slub yarns and many more. Anderson even includes some wear tests to compare how long different kinds of handspun lasted in the heels of hand-knit socks.
- Sherlock Holmes Crossover Casebook.
- Spinner's Book of Yarn Designs : Sarah Anderson : .
- The Spinner’s Book of Yarn Designs: Techniques for Creating 80 Yarns.
- See a Problem?!
- Handbook of Canadian Foreign Policy!
- Knowledge development follows trends.
Some of the yarns are wildly surprising: Yarns with spiral or knotted cocoons, or halos, or beehives, or pigtails, or tail-spun yarns. Since each technique is illustrated with a knitted or crocheted piece, you can see how the yarns act when put to use. Will you want to spin every yarn shown?